Spotify is a very popular music streaming service in the universe, in order to use spotify you need to install the desktop app, in this post i will show you how to install spotify desktop app on ubuntu.
Currently, you won't be able to install spotify from the original ubuntu repository, it's currently not available there, but we can install the third party repo for installing spotify app.
How to install spotify desktop app on ubuntu
- open command line mode (press CTRL + ALT + T)
- run this command to add spotify repository (just copy and paste)
- run update command
- install the spotify desktop app
- search on ubuntu dash with keyword 'spotify', to open spotify app
- login to your account and enjoy the music
Yes spotify is free service, you can sign up and use it for free, but if you want more features you need to upgrade to premium membership, the free membership comes with ads though while the premium is not.