Cairo dock is one of the older dock app on ubuntu, it's been around for ages and still maintain and developed today, if you are looking for dock app for your ubuntu, cairo-dock might be the one for you.
How to install Cairo dock on Ubuntu
- open command line (press CTRL + ALT + T)
- run this command to install cairo dock
- on ubuntu dash, search for 'cairo', then open cairo-dock
- if you get pop-up about open-gl, choose 'yes' if your graphic card support it, otherwise 'no'
- cairo-dock will appear on the bottom of your desktop screen
Cairo dock is a dock app with a lot of features, if you open the cairo dock configuration, you will see a lot of things that you can do, such as change the behaviour of the dock, change the appearance, add-ons, shortcuts, and themes.
I should mention that, changing themes on cairo dock is very easy, you can do it from the configuration menu, with cairo dock changing and downloading theme can be done via graphical mode, unlike plank dock where you have to copy manually the theme folder that you download.
How to uninstall Cairo dock?
If you feel like cairo dock is not the right dock app or if you think it's buggy, you can uninstall cairo dock with this command: