If you have ubuntu on your laptop, you might want to connect to the internet using wifi, so how to connect to wifi network on ubuntu??
To connect to wireless network on ubuntu is actually very easy, we can do it graphically no need command line.
Look at the top right of your screen, you should be able to see some icons, see the network icon, use that to connect to wifi.
Step by step how to connect to wifi network on ubuntu
- click on the network applet/ network icon on the top right of your screen
- select "connect to Hidden Wi-Fi Network..." if the wifi network that you are going to use is not listed.
- type in the network name of the wifi network (the SSID), select also the wifi security (leave it "none" if you are not sure) and then click "connect"
- if fail to connect, select "connect to Hidden Wi-Fi Network..." again and select the wifi network you are enter before, this time you will be prompted for password (if the wifi is password protected), enter the correct password and connect again, this time will works.
- that's it, you should be connected to the wifi by now
So you need to know the SSID (wifi name) of the wifi network, before you can connect to that wifi network, and also you need to know the password too (if password protected).
~ good luck ~